Indoor air quality is a big concern in both homes and businesses these days. Making sure the air we breathe while at home or work is free from dust, allergens, bacteria, and other such pollutants is important to help prevent health problems.
You make sure to change the air filters on your home heating and cooling system on a frequent basis. You use a humidifier in the winter to keep the proper levels of humidity in the home, which also helps to reduce illness causing bacteria. You may even be diligent about making sure the carpeting in your home is vacuumed on a regular basis.
However, there could be dust, dust mites, allergens, and other small particles trapped down inside the lush carpeting’s pile. Getting to these trapped particles in the carpeting can be difficult with a normal vacuum cleaner. In order to truly release the dirt, dust, pet dander, and other such items requires regular carpet cleaning by a professional carpet cleaning company in Toronto.
Getting your carpet deep cleaned removes these items and helps restore the carpeting’s appearance, luster, and feel. Furthermore, the dust and allergens deeply embedded in the carpeting are removed, helping improve the indoor air quality within your home or business.
How Often Should I Get My Carpeting Cleaned?
Keep in mind the frequency of carpeting cleaning does depend upon several different factors and should be based upon the most appropriate schedule that best matches your own residential or commercial needs.
1. How much foot traffic does the carpeting receive? The more foot traffic your carpeting gets, the more often it should be cleaned to prevent wear and tear patterns.
2. Do you have pets that live indoors or both indoors and outdoors? Pets are a source of pet dander. If they spend time outside and inside, they can also track in fleas and other unwanted guests that could be living in your carpeting and may require for frequent cleanings.
3. What is the overall age and condition of the carpeting? As carpeting ages, it tends to need to be cleaned more often than newer carpeting. Keep in mind, on average good quality carpeting will last around ten years before it needs replaced.
4. Is there areas of the carpeting that often get wet from rain or snow? Moisture trapped in the carpeting on a regular occurrence can lead to the development of mildew and mold. If you have high traffic areas that are getting wet quite often, then these areas should be professional cleaned and treated frequently.
5. Do people wear their shoes while walking on the carpeting? Shoes track in dust, dirt, allergens, and other items that will fall off and get stuck down inside the carpeting. To keep the carpeting looking great, you will want to get it cleaned regularly.
If your carpeting has thin spots, tears, or other signs of wear and tear, depending on the age of the carpeting, these areas can be fixed by our Toronto carpet repair company and will help extend the life of the carpeting. Once fixed, they should be cleaned on the same schedule as the rest of the carpeting. For more information about carpet cleaning, repairs or stretching services, call the carpeting experts at Dr. Carpet at 647.800.5199 today!