Before you spend hundreds of dollars replacing a carpet, you may way to consider simply repairing your carpet. When you use an experienced carpet repair service they can affordably solve problems resulting from things like wrinkling, stains, fading, and snags. Repairing a carpet does not take a long time, but it does take a professional to get the job done correctly.
What is carpet repairing?
Carpet repairing is simply removing a damaged piece of carpet and replacing it with a matching piece. This piece may be a leftover remnant from the original installation, a sample piece from the shop, or it could be a piece taken from a closet or other area that isn’t likely to be seen every day (the bad patch of carpet may be used in the spot where the patch was taken from).
Once the professional carpet repair technician has found a suitable replacement, he or she will carefully cut out the part of the carpet to be replaced. The replacement piece is attentively fitted into the hole in the carpet and is glued in place. Seams are rendered invisible and the carpet is trimmed to match the surrounding areas.
What to look for in a carpet repair service.
While there are many services out there that advertise carpet repair and even do-it-yourself kits available, it’s always the best choice to a professional carpet repairing company. A professional carpet repair service will:
- Be licensed, bonded, and insured
- Have trained technicians on staff
- Provide a thorough and detailed quote
- Confirm pricing before the job begins
- Warranty their work
When determining which Toronto carpet repair service to use, you should get several quotes and compare them. A reputable company will provide a detailed quote that will include the price for materials and labour costs associated with the scope of work, and not include any hidden fees. The company should also be able to provide you with a quote, whether in person, on line, or over the phone. Some other things to consider when choosing a carpet repair service provider:
• Are they able and willing to provide MSDS for the materials they use? A good service should be able to provide MSDS for the materials they use when you request them.
• Do they call to confirm your appointment before arriving? Courtesy is a benchmark of professionalism.
• Is their pricing competitive within the current market? A professional carpet repair service will have their finger on the pulse of their industry and know what the market can support.
If you have further questions about carpeting repair services, or to get your free quote, please feel free to contact Dr. Carpet at 647.800.5199. We specialize in all kinds of carpet repairs for loose, buckling, frayed, torn, stained, and water damaged carpets in the Greater Toronto Area.