With so many flooring options available to folks looking to upgrade their living space, it can be a challenge to decide what to actually put on your floor. If you are considering replacing your carpet with wood or tile, or are considering other flooring options, maybe it’s time to reconsider carpet.
Here are seven great reasons to consider carpeting for your home.
1. Comfort. If you think you’ll be spending any time on your floor, carpeting is a great choice. Hard surfaces, like wood or tile, are just that – hard. Because tile and wood flooring are inflexible, every time you walk across them your body is getting impacted. Carpeting is a great option for families with little ones who are learning to crawl or walk, too.
2. Warmth. Winter in Toronto gets cold. Keeping your home warm through long, cold winter months is easier when you have the insulating benefits of carpet. According to a study by the Georgia Technology School of Textile Engineering, carpeting provides a higher insulation factor1.
3. Quiet. Have you ever noticed how loud it can be in rooms with hard floors? That’s because hard surfaces, like tile and wood floors, can’t absorb sound so it bounces around. Carpet is naturally more absorbent and makes the space it’s in much quieter.
4. Safety. You already know that carpet is more absorbent, but it can make rooms safer than tile or other hard surfaces. Carpets can provide a soft landing for little ones who are more accident prone, but it can also prevent accidents from happening on places like stairs. Carefully chosen stair carpeting can prevent slips and falls – especially in homes with folks who may have mobility issues.
5. Health. If you have allergies or asthma, you have probably been told to get rid of all the carpeting in your home. A 2005 study done by the German Allergy and Asthma society found that rooms with bare floors, “the risk of more airborne fine particles rises, while the use of wall-to-wall carpeting minimizes the risk.2” It’s actually the fact that carpet holds allergens that gives carpet the advantage. Just make sure to have a professional Toronto carpet cleaning company come in to professionally clean your carpets at least twice a year – if not more frequently.
6. Style. Carpet can truly transform a room. With so many options and styles to choose from, you can change the entire look and feel of a room just with the addition of carpet.
7. Cost. Generally speaking, carpet costs less than hard surfaces like tile or hardwood. Some tile types and hardwood require special cleaning products, which can be costly over the long run. Carpet is usually less expensive to maintain – as long as you take care of it.
Want more information about maintaining the carpet in your home? Call Dr. Carpet today 647.800.5199