One frequently asked question we receive here at Dr. Carpet is it better to replace carpeting or attempt to repair it. Typically, carpeting is one of the top three investments homeowners make to maintain their homes. For business owners, carpeting can be a major expense, too. There are several key factors you need to consider in order to determine the most appropriate solution for your home or business.
- The age of the carpeting. Most high-quality carpets last on average about ten years with the proper maintenance, care, and cleaning.
- The appearance of the carpeting. Depending upon the colour of the carpeting, even carpets that are less than ten years old can look worn in high traffic areas. If that lightly coloured carpeting, you have in your home or business is starting to show signs where it appears darker in certain areas because of dirt, cleaning and repairing could be an option.
- Worn areas where the carpet is thinner, frayed, or completely worn away. If you have to use duct tape to keep people from tripping over the carpeting, patching services could resolve this type of problem.
- How long you expect to remain in your current location. If you planning on moving soon or relocating your business, investing in new carpeting may not always be the best choice compared to repairs and cleaning. However, new carpeting could make it easier to sell or rent the property and possibly increase the sales or rental price.
- The amount you want to invest. If you are on a tight budget right now, repairing and cleaning your carpets tends to cost less than installing new.
- The age of your children. If you have younger kids, spills are going to happen and your carpeting is going to be pushed to the limits. It might be more worthwhile to forego new carpeting until they are older and use repairs and carpet cleaning as a solution for now.
- The number of pets in the home. Pets can also be rough on carpeting and most of the wear and tear they put on it is easy to maintain with regular repairs and cleanings to ensure you get the most life out of it before it has to be replaced.
In addition to these factors, you should also weigh the safety considerations depending upon the area of the carpeting that needs repaired and/or replaced.
If you are still undecided, our Toronto carpet repair company recommends obtaining free estimates and doing a cost comparison. It could also be beneficial to consider getting a small section of the carpet cleaned and repaired to see the results firsthand. Most people are amazed at our high-quality level of carpeting patching and repair services!
For more information about our carpet repair, patching, or cleaning services for your Toronto-area home or business, please feel free to contact the carpeting experts at Dr. Carpet today by calling 647.800.5199 and requesting your FREE quote!