Many Toronto homes have carpeting, which requires regular cleaning. Most homeowners know they need to clean their carpeting, but are not sure how often they need it professionally cleaned. They also look for ways to help maintain their carpet for years to come. These tips and suggestions will help you maintain the appearance of carpeting and help you determine how often to get them cleaned by a professional carpet cleaning company in Toronto.
- Keep as much as the dirt outside as possible. As any parent will tell you, keeping dirt outside when you have children is next to impossible. The easiest way to help with this is to insist that everyone who enters your home take their shoes off. You will find that many different cultures have this as a part of their daily routine. The removal of your shoes helps to limit the amount of dirt that is brought into your home and helps keep your carpets looking clean longer.
- Frequent vacuuming is important. Vacuuming your home once or twice a week can help your carpet last longer. However, high traffic areas should be vacuumed at least twice a week, sometimes three, depending on the amount of traffic, and helps improve the longevity of your carpeting. Make between four to six passes in the high traffic areas and between two to three passes in other areas is the best way to get as much dirt out of your carpeting as possible.
- Clean stains and spots when you notice them. Many carpets have stain protection, but you still have to clean the stains spots, otherwise this protection will become ineffective. When you do spot and stain cleaning, remember to blot the stained area and to never scrub. In addition, you should avoid getting the carpeting overly wet and soaked as this can lead to other problems, like mold and mildew underneath the carpeting.
- Move furniture and rearrange rooms to improve the longevity of your carpeting and keep it looking like new longer. By rotating, moving, or rearranging the placement of furniture every six months, it helps ensure even wear of the carpeting and helps it last longer.
- Get carpeting professional cleaned on a regular basis to maintain its appearance. Most carpet manufacturers recommend having carpeting professional cleaned every 12 to 18 months. If you do not maintain a schedule of regular professional carpet cleaning, it could potentially void the warranty on your carpeting. This is not that often and many people make it part of their spring cleaning regimen, to ensure they remember to have their carpets cleaned annually.
- Have carpeting patched and repaired to extend its life. Having your carpet patched and repaired from an experienced carpet patching company in Toronto will also help increase the longevity of your carpets.
Eventually, your carpeting will need to be replaced, even when using the above tips and suggestions. The average home carpeting requires replacement every seven to ten years, or so. Usually, homeowners consider carpet replacement when they are renovating or remodeling their home or have recently moved into a new home and have no idea how old the current carpeting is, it is in desperate need of replacement, or they want a different colour more suitable to their tastes.
For more information about professional carpet cleaning, carpet repair, and carpet patching services in Toronto, please feel free to contact the experts at Dr. Carpet today by phoning 647-800-5199. We are happy to help you maintain and get the most life out of the carpeting in your GTA home.